Steve:
**Gave up on the bathroom, had several contractors out to give us bids, decided to try again, decided to give up again. Hired a contractor that didn't show. Got encouraged by Dan to try again. Will possibly work on tiling this weekend. (80% chance that it will go on for a few more weeks, 20% chance it will get done, 100% chance that he will hear some nagging about it.)
**Had a good yearly review at work. Told his bosses he'd rather try to become an estimator than an appraiser. Anxiety level decreased about 125% in one day.**Got his early birthday present right after Christmas. Actually loves Eden enough to let her chomp on his head for awhile.
**Gave a talk today in church on God, the Father. Did an excellent job. Was probably asked to speak in church because his Primary teaching partner praised his teaching skills up and down last testimony meeting!**Had strep throat for the first time last weekend. Finally went to the doctor on the 4th day - I'll bet he goes the 1st day next time now that he knows what it feels like!
**Has been giving me one night a week to myself. He's so wonderful, except this is an example of what I come home to...
**Still loves his girls and each one has him wrapped around his finger! The older girls won't go to bed without a horsie ride from daddy. They also get up with him at the crack of dawn for a few extra minutes of daddy-time in the day. Is planning on taking the girls to the annual carshow tomorrow. (However, mommy is thinking about ducking out again this year!!! Kohls - here I come!)
Kim:
**Been couponing and Craigslisting up a storm lately.
**Is wondering why she's been getting such TERRIBLE customer service lately - from dentists, to cashiers, to contractors. And also VERY proud of herself for acting civil to each and every one of them!
**Has actually done the Wii Active workout 6 times the last 2 weeks!
**Spent all day cleaning and reorganizing the kitchen. Still not done...
**Taught RS today. Actually enjoyed preparing for and teaching the lesson. Went well.
**Is still constantly overwhelmed by the messiness of the house. Just can't keep up with my 3 little hurricanes.
Emily:
**Just joined Up With Kids - a non-profit musical theater program. Super excited to be in a play called, The Wonderful Witches of Oz!
**Still excelling in school. Still loves having her mom volunteer every Monday, then stay to eat lunch with her.
**Is growing out of all her clothes (length, definitely NOT width).
Ella:
**Can't WAIT until her birthday (5 months away...)
**THINKS she has a boyfriend in preschool. She invited him over to play the other day and apparently they BOTH got dressed up special for each other!!
**Often makes me bust out laughing... She put too much lotion on the other day. I told her to rub some on her legs. She said, "Oh, I wish this was the kind of lotion that wipes the hair off your legs, arms and lips!!" (Apparently too many infomercials at the neighbor's house!!)
**Also declared one day, "There's two kinds of tutus. The kind from your bum and the kind you wear."
**Decided to WASH our expensive, can-only-order-online remote the other day. Was surprised to find it wouldn't work when she was done. (Luckily we have a handy daddy.)
**Is growing out of all her clothes (height and width!:)

Eden:**One week until her birthday!!! (Which means mom's gone almost a year without going insane...yet!)
**Never stops moving. (And people keep commenting on that at church!)
**Can stand by herself for a few seconds at a time. (Although, I find it hilarious that I often see her practicing standing with a pillow in front of her. Really, she's too smart!)
**Other smart moments: One day I decided to just heat up a recent bottle instead of making a new one. I wondered why she wouldn't take it. Then she reached for the formula can and started banging on the top. She thought I'd forgotten it! After I pretended to add some formula, she finally accepted it! Also, she often thinks I forget to blow on her food for her so she'll blow on it herself before she eats it! I'm REALLY in for trouble with this one, aren't I?
**Already has 8 teeth. That's 5 months of HARD-CORE teething!!!

Few random pics:
Healthy snacktimes!
They ate a WHOLE baby watermelon in ONE sitting!
"Mom, can't we just eat the chocolate chips???"
The 3 Dancing Princesses!
4 comments:
Great update on everyone! Sounds like a busy, happy family. Love the pictures of my three little E's. Can't believe E3 is nearly 1! I will try to skype you in a little while.
Great update. Wish I could help, Steve, but I didn't dare do my own tile. Those 3 E's are adorable. I love the OCD tendencies little Eden is exhibiting. We'll get along just fine.
Three little hurricanes?! Hmmm...would you like to trade kids for one day and compare? I think I'd win, although I think we have a Tanna Jr. in your ranks. Gooooo Eden!!! The good news is that their cuteness helps compensate for all the work they require! Oh, and the gray hairs!!! Keep those stories about Eden coming -- they make me smile!!
So fun to read this update! Sorry I'm behind on commenting- I have 4 little hurricanes that are overwhelming me at the moment! :) I am impressed with Steve's ambition- that's great! I hope the tile thing works out. Maybe if we got all four husbands together, they could figure it out. And the girls and kids could go... shopping! I love that you coupon and Craigslist- very smart! Little Eden is incredibly adorable and I can't imagine that little sweet angel driving you insane! :) Okay, so maybe Braydon is the same way- so cute but can drive you nuts at the same time! Emily and Ella are darling and always so full of life and involved in activities. We need to come up and visit you guys soon!
Post a Comment