Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Day Late, but we're in the spirit!





Well, we're a day late on Christmas decorating, but we're done. (AND cleaned up!!) We were so busy yesterday, all we had time to do was put up the tree and put lights on it. Somehow I convinced Steve to go to Santa's Arrival by helicopter at the University Mall. We rushed there and arrived right at 9:30. However, Santa didn't show until 10:00. So we were a bit cold and bored, but the girls were excited to see him. After he excited the helicopter, he walked around the blocked off area waving at everyone - accompanied by two very dressed up officers. Then he walked into the mall to sit in his spot. That was definitely a ONCE in a lifetime opportunity. Ella cried when the helicopter left. I think she thought Santa was gone. So then we walked around the hussle and bussle of the mall for a while. I had decided to forgo getting up at 3:00 am to find deals. We ended up in the My Comfort gel bed store. We have both had backaches for days now - well actually about a year if you think about when we started wanting a new bed. Our first bed only lasted about 5 years. We were so mad. So we ended up buying a new RC Willey bed, but it ended up being defective - so we just returned it outright. Then we thought we'd try a cheap Costco bed - also a no go. So now we have bought our 4th bed in 6 years. Ridiculous that we can't get comfortable. Hopefully we'll get that in a few days.




E&E had been really good all morning so we went to Carl's Jr. playland and got fries. They fell asleep in the car on the was home, but still took good naps. After they woke up, we had time to start working on the tree before we went to Lynn's for leftovers and to watch the electric parade. That was fun. I wish American Fork would do something like that!

So this morning we got all the rest of the decor up. Unfortunately, we will have to move it all and put it up again when our carpet comes!! Oh well, tradition is tradition. E&E loved seeing our family ornaments we make every year. They have photos from the biggest events of the year. We also read through our Christmas traditions book that we add to every year. It's fun to see how excited the girls are!

One cute thing Emily did at the mall yesterday. She wasn't sharing her crackers with Ella, so I told her Santa is listening to everything she says. She thought for a minute then said very loud, clear and pointed, "I...AM...GOING...TO SHARE...MY...CRACKERS...WITH...ELLA...NOW." :)






3 comments:

Mom G said...

Well, my Pilgrims and Indians are still happily smiling down from the shelves along with the pumpkins and leaves.
Your home looks great! I can't believe that it is all decorated and then will all have to be done again when you get the carpet! You guys are amazing (and young and strong).
Emily's sharing of the crackers was so funny. Ah, the magic of childhood and the magic of Christmas!

Sandra said...

Well, I have to congratulate you. Your house looks awesome with all the decorations. I guess I'm just not into it, because I doubt I'll even hunt for my Christmas stuff for a couple weeks still. I think I'm in a grinch mode this year or something....but it does look beautiful!

LJ said...

Such cute decor! Your family is always so great about the spirit of holidays and traditions. I especially love the kitchen chairs. It was so fun to see you guys this weekend and your girls are so cute! I love what Emily said too.