Sunday, February 24, 2008

Dreams, new things and missionary work

My title is random, but I'm hoping that helps me remember the things I wanted to blog about. Anyway, here's some pics of some new things we gotten lately. Why is it that new things always make you feel better? I found these curtains at Big Lots and can't believe how much they lighten up the room. Makes it almost feel like spring. Steve and I both tried to make them look nice, but we decided that the less perfect the better. But if you are good at hanging scarves, you're welcome to fix it when you come by.

I picked up this ride-on toy at DI yesterday and the kids have had a blast with it! Jill's kids came by last night and they thought it was fun to hold someone's hand while they rode. Until Ella tried to hold two hands and couldn't figure out how to get the train to go.






































For Friday fun day, E & E really wanted to go and visit Paige's dog. I mentioned to them the other day that she had one and that's what they wanted to do. First we met Paige at Denny's to have lunch - Dan's last day. Then we went to see the dog. They loved it. They are actually quite terrified of big dogs, so I was glad they had a good experience with her little dog. E&E also had fun terrifying Natalia by playing with all her toys. They want to come back and play some more now, Paige!!








I always go in to check on E&E before I go to bed. Ella has to load her bed up with almost every toy she owns everynight. When I checked on her one night, she had almost everyone of her dolls laying on top of her! And this is what Emily looked like! I'm still getting used to our new bed. I have had weird dreams everynight since we got this bed like 3 weeks ago. I usually don't have dreams all that often. So I call it my dream bed. Dad, I'm wondering if I'm not getting into my deep sleep, I thought dream sleep was light sleeping? If so, that could be why I've been so tired lately. I've been falling asleep on the couch everynight! I switched back to my regular pillow last night (I'd been using the gel pillow we got with the bed), I think I actually slept more comfortably. Maybe it's been the pillow that's been causing the problems all along...










Today in Sacrament meeting, Emily was busily playing with her toys. All the sudden she looked up at me and told me, "Mom, did you know that you can invite your friends to church and they can learn the gospel too?" I sure was surprised. I thought it was interesting she was thinkingabout missionary work because it was on my mind too. We are planning a missionary primary activity and the speakers were speaking about their missions.

Steve said his lesson was on anger management today. We both thought that was inspired because we'd had a horrible shopping trip yesterday. We went out for 2 things and got mad at 3 people along the way! First the people at the fabric cutting table were rude to us, then the guy in the toy department told Emily to get off the bikes, then the guy at the pizza place sent us home with the wrong order! I think Heavenly Father was giving us chances to prove ourselves, but we failed miserably. Oh well, guess we can't be translated yet. (But just you wait until I do have patience with a rude employee, I'll be translated for sure!)

3 comments:

Mom G said...

Wow! Looks like Christmas came again!! The curtains look nice. Green will be a big change - more springy.
And the train! I am sure that the kids love that. Where will you ever put it? Goes right along with your preschool theme this year.
The pics of the girls sleeping are precious. Glad that Ella loves her dolls.
Talk to you tonight!

Paige said...

Cute train! What a find. Maybe Natalia should come play with it so she won't be so terrified of trains. It's a daily battle to get her to go to bed b/c she says, "Train noisy!"

Also, that picture of the dog with Emily is so scary! You must have caught him mid-yawn. :)

LJ said...

You are so funny, Kim! I would have been mad if someone yelled at my kid to get off the bikes too. As far as I'm concerned, I'm the only one that can yell at my kids- not a total stranger. And I think it's easy to get mad at employees, but after I was one for a short time recently, I have a little more sympathy for them I guess. It's a good thing we are all given a lifetime and eternity to perfect ourselves- even with anger management issues. :) We all know I get mad at waitresses/waiters way more than I should... (especially when I'm prego!)

Loved the pictures! The curtains look great! I love that sage color- it does brighten up the room and give it a softer look. I'm glad you like your new bed. How funny that it could have been a $10 pillow change instead of a few hundred dollars bed change! :) Are you selling your headboard now? Let me know... The kids were so adorable on the little train. You always find treasures at DI! We'll have to come over and play sometime. Can't wait for Emily's party this weekend!