Sunday, October 11, 2009

Family letter

Ok, I put my heart, soul and entire Sunday afternoon into my last post and apparently only mom, dad and Mark ever check up on me! So now you are my new favorites in the family and this blog is dedicated to you!!!

Our actual anniversary was on a Monday, so we decided to drive the Alpine Loop and see the fall colors. It was beautiful and we ended up meeting a couple from our ward there that took our picture for us!
We really enjoyed conference weekend last week. I loved all the talks and enjoyed hearing from the prophets again. We had fun visiting with Chris, Krissy, Sloane, and Holden. Chris must be slowing down in his old age because he actually spent several hours in my house at one time!! (Well, I guess I should subtract the time he spent going to get lunch!) Steve ended up coming home early that day - slow work day - and we headed down to the BYU bookstore. I hadn't gone there in ages. But we picked the WRONG day! Not only was it extra busy for conference weekend visitors, but I'm sure there were missionary reunion visitors. AND it was the big BYU/USU game that evening. So the store was packed. But we did get some BYU creamery ice cream out of the deal!
Here's the kids watching conference and playing conference bingo. While Holden only lasted about a minute, the other girls lasted at least an hour, then played quietly, but still listened for the words they needed. They ended up hearing all the words except tithing.
Sunday night, Emily had earned all her pebbles (for good behavior) and decided to have another family sleepover. She didn't have school the next day, but daddy did, so we had it in our bedroom. Here's the girls with all the toys they can't sleep without!
We went to library time the next day and this is how I found my girls after I finished checking out the books. So adorable and they so LOVE books!
They read their books all the way to SLC where we visited the children's museum again. It's been awhile, so we had a blast!
Even Eden was able to enjoy herself this time!
The drive home was pretty eventful, though. After having it out with a RUDE parking lot attendant and already being stressed out, I had something fly into my car on the freeway. The truck in front of me on my right was pulling a trailer and the metal wheel cover came off and flew right into my windshield! I thought it was just a mudflap, so I didn't swerve to avoid it. Then I heard the crash and screech as it slid down the side of my car. I was glad I didn't cause an accident, but it was a bit unnerving. I didn't know if I had any damage to my car, but I wrote down the guy's license plate numbers. I didn't really want to wave him down, for fear of a crazy man with my 3 kids in the car. When I got home, I realized that there were several deep scratches on both side windows and both pillars. So I got to call Steve to report a claim. So I had to deal with going to the Highway patrol office to report the claim and see if they can find the guy. Of course, it was an ALASKA plate, so I'm probably out of luck. The estimate came back at $1000 of damages! Luckily, Steve knows how to replace windows. I've decided that driving is just WAY too dangerous lately. A couple of weeks ago, Steve sideswiped a giant rock trying to avoid a merging car and cause $1000 worth of damage to his car. I constantly get people trying to merge into me on all this dang road construction in American Fork. Right by my house they are putting in a new rail line, which makes the road 1 lane most of the day. They are completely redoing the freeway exit by my house and it's down to 3 lanes on state street. I thought construction season was almost over, but it's still full-blown going around my house! They finally finished putting in all the new water pipes in our neighborhood. Now we have to pay some contractor several hundred dollars to connect our pipes to it. And I DON'T even want it! It makes the outside water non-culinary, which means we won't be able to use my outdoor drinking fountain anymore. Ah, the joys of home and car ownership!

Here's a pic of Ella's preschool class on Cat in the Hat day!
3 sisters playing dollhouse together! I love it!
Even though Eden still prefers being held 99% of the time, she does enjoy exploring the floor level occasionally!
Here's Ella on Wacky Wednesday day! She was so excited and knew exactly how she wanted to dress herself!
Emily got to dress up for 1st grade as well! They were having career day - guess what Emily wants to be when she grows up?
Friday, I took the girls to the Provo library to see the Dollhouse Festival. Paige and Natalia met up with us as well. It was fun to see all the dollhouses they were auctioning off. They also had a boutique and some kids activities. We didn't buy tickets for the Mad Hatter Tea Party the next day, but we did like the display!
They also got their faces painted.
Then Steve met up with us and we went to Payson to visit Grandma and Grandpa Tanner. It was fun to see them again and the girls enjoyed running around their backyard for awhile. Then we stopped to visit Lynn, but poor Steve wasn't feeling well. So the next day we went to Costco so Steve could have his eyes checked. He's been having really bad eye strain from sitting at the computer too much at work. Turns out he needs glasses for near and far-sightedness. When Steve told me he needed bifocals, I burst out laughing - even though we were sitting in the very busy food court! Oh, I have to get some joy out of my aging husband, right? Anyway, he decided just to get single vision lenses for computer work and he'll get another pair for distances later. Check back next week for pictures of my handsome distinguished husband! Here's E&E enjoying the digital piano at Costco that I REALLY want to buy!!!!! Maybe Santa will bring it.
Today Steve and Eden stayed home from church. Steve has no voice and Eden's been sick for a couple of weeks now, so it was probably best. I can't wait for Eden to get better and be happy again!!

We had family pictures taken yesterday. I'm excited to see how they turned out! My neighbor took them for us at the amphitheater across from the temple. Eden wouldn't sit for her pictures, so she said she'd take some of her another time. That's nice. Emily also had her first art class and loved it. That's what she chose instead of dance class (like Ella), so I'm glad she's learning her likes/dislikes and talents. We're up for another busy week. Only 3 days of school because of UEA, but I seem to sure know how to stay busy on holidays!!

6 comments:

Mom G said...

Well, you know that I will always read and comment on your blog! You put so many fun pictures of my darlings on it! They are growing up. It was fun to "see/talk" to them tonight. Tell E3 and Steve to get better soon!

Mark and Kellie said...

Hey, look! It's me commenting again. :-) Have I ever told you what cute kids you have? Anyway, your life actually sounds a lot like ours right now, what with the construction, illness, car issues, and the busy lives of girls. Thanks for the update!

Paige said...

Okay, do I get any sort of points for having read the last post? Sorry, must have forgotten to comment. Sounds like you guys are busy! Thanks for letting us tag along on Friday. Love the piano!!

Mytbroker said...

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for letting us visit with you a couple of weeks ago, we had a great time. Sorry about all the car trouble but I can't feel too sorry for Steve about needing to get glasses. I've had them for 30 years! Hope all is well.

DJ Shanks said...

I have read your blog.

Jill

(Is that what you are looking for?! :-) )

Sandra said...

I'm behind with my blog reading again! It's always so fun to read about what you and your sisters do with your families! That's so cool that you're close enough to get together so often. Your girls are beautiful, and I love the family pic up the canyon!