Sunday, October 25, 2009

Family letter

Aahh, I am loved - I got 6 comments last post! I've only been getting to blogging every other week, so I end up with a lot to say and post. Here's what's been going on the last two weeks.

We had our family pictures taken at the park across the street from the temple. I'm pleased with the results and we've already gotten them printed and displayed in our house!
Eden was still a little sick and wasn't happy when it was her turn for individuals. My neighbor, the photographer, took some of her on Thursday but I haven't gotten the CD yet. Can't wait - they looked cute!

Here's the promised picture of Steve in his new glasses - he looks super handsome, huh?
Last weekend was UEA break. We met J,L and P's families at Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point. That's a fun place to visit each fall - there's a lot for the kids to do!
My little Princesses!
They loved putting on a show on this stage.
Little Eden, who sometimes seems surgically attached to my arms!
Cute cousin picture.
E&E on the tire swings.
Some of our crew.
We celebrated Karyssa and Lynn's birthdays.
I'm training Emily up to be my replacement holder.
These three got a little tired of walking!
3 friends on the grain train.
Tanna and Ella on the grain train.
The next day Jill and I went to the Scarecrow Festival - also at Thanksgiving point.
Ella, Tanna and Eden had fun in the little Toddler Town section for awhile.
Ok, Eden doesn't seem to like her replacement.
We're FINALLY next to ride the train!! We only waited in line about 45 minutes!
We also got to go to Farm Country. We got to do the wagon ride and pony ride as well. We had a fun day jumping on all the inflatables, playing all the carnival games, and going through the Jr. Haunted House about 100 times! The weather was beautiful and we actually got a bit sunburned!
Here's adorable Ella in her play glasses ready for preschool to start!
Here she is again ready for dance class. I've gotten crafty again lately and started whipping up some tutus. We made a pink one for Karyssa's b-day, a purple one for Ella, a purple and pink one for Tanna, and a green (Tinkerbelle) one for Emily. So cute!
Adorable Eden! She's full-fledged crawler now and crawls around to find us. She likes to pull herself up on anything and everything. She's also very active and likes to get into whatever she can get her hands (and mouth) on! Her top two teeth are bulging through, but haven't popped through yet! (I've been sympathizing with her lately as I've been nursing a GIANT canker ALL week! OUCH!) [Update: Right after I wrote this I noticed one of Eden's teeth actually has popped through! Yeah, Eden!]
Speaking of getting crafty, Steve and I have been busy sprucing up our living room. Last Saturday I asked Steve to hang up a new shelf for me. He thought that would be a great time to paint an accent wall in our living room. So we got busy picking a color, repairing the old nail holes, and painting the wall. We had a little trouble in a couple areas where the paint didn't stick to the new wall texture, so Steve redid those areas yesterday. Here's the almost finished result. (We're waiting for Eden's new pictures to fill in the last frame.) They're a little hard to see but it's a baby picture of each girl - it's amazing how similar they all look!)
Speaking of crafting, here's my Trick-or-Tree Ella and I made. She helped me strip the leaves off the branch (Steve did some pruning last week) and spray paint it black. Then Emily and Ella made the lollypop ghosts to hang on it!
We now have our family pictures on the other wall - just need Eden!
And my last craft post. When Krissy was here during conference, she mentioned that she cross-stitched. So somehow I got her to finish the cross-stitch that has been sitting on my shelf for years. All I had left was the backstitching and she was able to get it done during conference! I'm so happy to have it done. I started it in high school!!! I got it cleaned and framed and just need to hang it in the girls' room. Steve's been doing his own crafts as well. Here's the new shelf he hung in his cave with the custom figures he's been making. He's back into Megos now that he discovered they're being rereleased.
Here's one he recently finished.
The girls had their primary program today. It was so nice to sit back and enjoy watching it, instead of being in charge of it this year. They did an excellent job. E&E did great on their parts!

Steve and I took the plunge and have been working on getting Eden to sleep in her own bed at night with no feedings. Night one: She woke up at 11:30 and screamed her head off for an hour and a half. We were practically deaf after that. She woke up 3-4 more times but we were able to walk her to sleep in about 10 minutes. Night two: She woke up 3-4 times for about 10 minutes each. Night three: She woke up ONCE for about ten minutes!! Tonight's Night four and we're hoping for the best!! I figure beyond the obvious benefits, it sure is adorable to have her snuggle and fall asleep in my arms!!

We've been hearing a lot about the flu and swine flu lately. Luckily we've been healthy so far. I've been having the preschool kids put on sanitizer before they even come in! And we're more diligent about washing when we come home.

Couple of cute stories. Emily has been walking around with a play phone stuck to her ear all week having pretend conversations. One time I started talking to her when she stopped talking. She said, "Shhh...Now I'm listening to the soothing music!"

One day Emily came home from school with a scrap of paper that her friend Braydon had written his phone number on. Daddy was very nervous when he found out she'd given him her number as well!! He came to play one day, and she played at his house yesterday. She's always gotten along with boys great.

Steve and I rented Seventeen Again last night. Cute chick flick -even Steve enjoyed it. I've been busy following the coupon sites and trying to get deals on groceries and Christmas presents - I really want to be done before the Christmas craziness comes! Happy Halloween this week!

3 comments:

Mom G said...

Oh, those pictures are so good! We had a sneak preview but are glad you have them on the blog too. What a good looking family!
And we are impressed with the wall and all the things you have made to make your home beautiful. You are really a great team. I love the tutus. I bet the cousins were happy to get them. As always, a great report. Now have a wonderful Halloween!

Mark and Kellie said...

What a CUTE family!! I loved the crafty home projects too. I'm thinking we'll be doing lots of painting in the near future in our new home. Thanks for the update. Wish we could have our kids join you on some of your adventures.

LJ said...

Sorry I am so behind on commenting with my crazy life lately, but I absolutely LOVED these new family pictures. You have beautiful daughters and should be very proud! You and Steve look so great too! The living room looks amazing and you are so talented! My gosh- will you come help me with my house?? Karyssa wore her little tutu to dance today and was absolutely adorable. Baby Eden has such a cute, happy face and I'm glad she's staying healthy in this flu season. Fun to read the update and we'll see you this weekend!