Thursday, November 12, 2009

Family update

Ella and Emily are entertaining themselves with TV and preschool activities and Eden is alternating between squishing cracker crumbs into the carpet and eating them. Guess that means I have a minute to myself! We've been keeping busy, but mostly by holding a screaming 9 month old. Poor Eden has been miserable lately. We found out yesterday she has an ear infection. It was a GOOD thing there was something wrong with her - otherwise she was going to get SENT back! So hopefully she'll be back to her happy, busy self soon. She's also popped out some gigantic upper teeth and has had a cold. Here's some cute pics of her before she turned to the dark side.
Although we skipped out on carving pumpkins this year (we eventually sent the kids out to the porch with markers to decorate them!), we still participated in several fun Halloween activities. We spent a Family Night at the Bean Museum at BYU for their Halloween activities. They had a scavenger hunt, a craft and live animal shows.Emily and Ella wore their costumes to their school parties. Emily's school had a costume parade as well. Emily was Tinkerbell and Ella and Eden wore the hand-me-down fairy costumes from a couple of years ago. I made Emily this tutu and when I asked her if she like it, she said, "Yes. Because my mother made it." Who's been coaching this child?
The Friday before Halloween, we started at the local auto dealership and went trunk-or-treating. We finished just in time to go to our annual family Legacy Center Party and then dinner and activities at our house.
Luckily Fairy Eden was able to get some rest during the party!
His Idol!
For our Halloween party dinner, we had spaghetti and eyeballs, mummy fingers (from Paige - I forgot to take a picture though), wormy drink (from Jill), and a spider cake (from Lynn).
Just a word to the wise...NEVER buy a cake with black frosting!!!!!! Yes, it's absolutely adorable, but turns everyone's teeth, tongue, lips, hands, table, hair, chairs, silverware, couches, floor, couches, priceless heirlooms, etc. BLACK. (Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a LITTLE.)
For our activities, I had cookie decorating.
Lynn played a TP mummy wrap game.
Jill played dance/freeze and Paige played pass the brain. I also sent them all downstairs to watch the Monsters vs. Aliens TV Halloween special! I hope everyone enjoyed the LAST annual Asp Halloween party! It was fun. Especially when a state trooper stopped by. Such a rowdy family we have...
On Halloween day, we started at the street a couple down from ours and went trunk-or-treating. That is TRULY the way to go trick-or-treating!! All the neighbors were out by their cars ready to hand out treats. We got a ton of candy in just about 30 minutes. One person had a soft-serve ice cream machine and another had a cotton candy machine. It was awesome. I want our ward to do that - we could be done in an hour and not have to answer the door all night! They seemed to be having fun visiting with each other as well.
We went straight from that to the traditional trick-or-treating along our street.
The girls had a ball, of course. We came back when they started to get cold. We always feel bad leaving our house vacant for awhile during trick-or-treating hours. We stuck all our old candy in a bucket on the porch, and lo and behold it was empty when we got back. At least we didn't feel as bad! Eden loved that the girls dumped out their goodies. She was ALL over that!
Ella waiting for her turn to answer the door.
Emily enjoyed sorting her candies.
A wrapped sucker in both fists.
It's too bad that mommy raided their buckets over the next week. Luckily they get tired of candy even if I don't!

Here's the girls ready for church.
Ella had a tea party with her babies!
E&E playing with our worms for preschool.
Eating "worms"!
Unfortunately, I wasn't as brave about the worms!
Steve spent Halloween painting the bathroom this pretty green. The next week he spent sanding the cupboards. It was a messy job.
Here he is modeling the color we're going to stain the cupboards.
Cute Ella wanted to go outside the first snow day. I really thought it would last about 5 minutes. But she stayed out there for about half an hour!We're learning about animals this week in preschool and the girls are enjoying the themed playroom.
Aspisms:
**Yesterday, Emily was invited to go to her friend Braydon's house. I asked Ella what she wanted to do special at home so she wouldn't be sad. She quickly replied, "Fold underwear!"
(OK, I laughed my head off, but I did understand the premise - we'd just gotten home from Walmart with a new package and she really wanted to play with them!)
**On Sunday, I was trying to keep Ella reverent during sacrament so I asked her, "Why do we eat bread?" She said, "Because the prophet wants us to eat healthy foods!"
**Ella is very cute praying for Jesus, the prophet, Bishop Morgan and Santa Claus during every prayer.
**Emily often comes home from school and tells me her day was PERFECT! Oh that makes me so happy! She just LOVES to read, she's gotten a perfect score on every spelling test, she does really well in arithmetic, is in math enrichment program and loves her teacher!
**Emily is loving her Saturday art class. Ella is loving her dance class. Although I'm getting annoyed about the hair and make-up specifications for their performances. All the other mom's are seriously taking notes, while I'm just seeing dollar signs about the products she's "recommending" we buy - including tights, Got 2 B Glued hair gel, clear plastic elastics, Mary Kay eye color and lipstick, etc. That's all on TOP of the $85 costume I had to buy!
**Eden's been having trouble at night again- surprise, surprise. Of course, she had to get sick right after we started working on getting her to stay in her bed. She has the craziest "Wookie" cry - as Steve calls it. She's very good at that weird trilling!

That's all I can remember for now. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Mom G said...

Angelic Eden! Can't believe she is ever naughty. She is adorable. And the two big sisters are darling too. Loved the costumes and Halloween saga. Sounds like quite the time. You know how to make it fun.
Looks like you are doing great on that bathroom. Maybe your next post will be a completed project!

Mark and Kellie said...

I have a feeling some of those Aspisms are going to show up on that Church website to which Mom has the tendency to send things.

Love your comments in the blog. Funny! We can relate to the hair and make-up specifications with dance classes. I think we just need to hire Lynnie part-time for performance days.

How dare you accuse my adorable Eden of being less than angelic! Glad Emily loves school. Ella - well she just cracks me up. :-)

Jodi said...

Thanks for the update about your family. Have I mentioned that I love the family photos?