Friday, November 20, 2009

Top Ten Reasons a Mother CANNOT get sick...

10. Laundry only piles so high above the rim before toppling over and the house and dishes look like they've NEVER been cleaned.
9. What you save on not grocery shopping, your husband spends when you send him out for medicine and milkshakes.
8. Chances are the reason you are sick is because your kids gave it to you and they expect you to take care of them - and take them to dance, come read to their class, attend their school plays, etc.
7. Your children end up watching so much TV that the annoying theme songs all get stuck in your head.
6. The bathroom we were so excited about remodeling sits unfinished and in chaos because although your husband was going to finish it this week, he's now become evening caretaker.
5. You have to call/email 25 families and announce to them that you're sick and have to cancel your obligation to them.
4. It's of course during the same week your baby breaks out in hives and you discover she's allergic to penicillin and you can't get the fast shot or cheap medicine for your strep throat because you're still breastfeeding.
3. Your poor husband goes to work looking terrible because he's been up with the baby for the last two nights - and all attempts at getting baby to sleep all night go out the window.
2. You spend so much time forcing medicine down people's throats and talking to nurses on the phone that your daughter has missed the bus twice this week.
1. In your medicine induced altered state of mental capacity, you think it's perfectly ok for a 4 year old to play with a lamp with a 75 watt bulb. In which case she succeeds in melting a large hole in the seat of the couch.

3 comments:

Paige said...

What a great post. I'm so sorry you've been so sick! I was beginning to think you had some superhuman immune system there. :) I hope you're on the mend now. By the way, the bathroom looks great! I love the color--it's so soothing.

Mom G said...

Oh, I hope that things get better soon. Hope little E improves. Let us "see" her again soon.

Jodi said...

I hope you get feeling better soon. I totally agree Mom's should never get sick.

PS Your post is cute.