


When I was in high school, my hobby was to make porcelain dolls. This hobby consumed much of my freetime and most of my spending money. But I loved it. I also got a job at the doll store to earn my spending money and learn more about the business. After I moved away from home, I had many unfinished projects that I worked on each time I visited home. During my visit last summer, I was able to finish one more doll. The date I engraved on the back of his head was 6/95. My mom made all the costumes for my dolls and just finished the costume for this doll and presented it to me on her Christmas visit here. This little boy is dressed in a Bavarian traditional lederhosen. Didn't my mom do a great job on the costume? Since I served my mission in Bavaria, Germany - it makes it all the more sentimental to me. I think I have 3-4 more dolls in various stages of being finished left at home. Eventually I figure I'll have them all done. Unfortunately in my present home, I don't have any place to display my dolls, but maybe someday...
No comments:
Post a Comment