Friday, December 5, 2008

Award of Merit

Emily received the Award of Merit for the literature category in the school's Reflections contest!
Here's the story she wrote for the theme WOW!

The Magic Cat
Once upon a time, there was a cat named Magic Cat. The cat could talk. It could fly. But it didn’t have a friend. One day, the Magic Cat couldn’t do anything magic anymore. She couldn’t climb a tree. She couldn’t scratch dogs and be mean. She felt very, very sad. The only thing she could do is make people sneeze. She found a skunk behind a bush. They became friends. Then the skunk and the cat played together. The skunk helped the cat find something to help the cat have magic. They found a magic fountain. The cat and the skunk drank the water and had magic again. The cat and the skunk decided to play a trick on the dogs. They want to make all the dogs switch houses. The moms and dads in the houses yell for their dogs. The wrong dogs came. The moms and dads said, “Shoo…shoo!!” The dogs ran to the right houses. The cat and the skunk were laughing quietly at the dogs. They were glad they became friends. They lived happily ever after.
The End

Pretty cute, huh? I was able to go to the assembly to see her receive her award. She was pretty pleased and I think she was the youngest one up there! She also got $4 and a ticket to the Hale Center Theater. The PTA lady told me that her story was going to move on to the next level of competition, so we'll let you know if that happens!

2 comments:

Mom G said...

Emily, that was a great story! I think that you have a good imagination and that you are very good at expressing yourself. I am glad that the story ended happily! That is the best way. Hope you have fun at the theater and that you keep writing and making up stories! Love, Grandma

Mark and Kellie said...

Great story, Emily!! I see a lot of symbolism in the story. I'm guessing Grandpa Gibson could write a book about all the parallels to the Gospel and to our lives here on Earth. Anyway, Great Job!!