Saturday, March 28, 2009

Unclear on the concept

Yesterday Ella and I went to pick up Emily from a birthday party. She had a treat bag full of the coveted tootsie rolls. Ella wanted one, but Emily wasn't about to share them. Finally I said, "What would Jesus do?" Ella promptly responded, "LOCK HER IN JAIL!" I chuckled and said, "Nooo..." Again she promptly yelled, "FIRE HER!" Again I said, "Nooo..." Then she very earnestly said, "Well, what then?" Too cute! But I think some of our FHE lessons haven't exactly hit their mark.

4 comments:

Paige said...

Ella is hilarious. I think you need to do a whole post of Ella-isms. :)

Mark and Kellie said...

In Jeremiah 36:27-28, it says "Then the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah . . . Take thee again another ROLL. . ."

Sounds to me like Ella may have been on to something.

Mom G said...

Ella - what a little carbon copy of her mother! She has to stand up for herself, doesn't she! And you can just see the mischief in her eyes in this picture.

LJ said...

Wow- Mark proved her right! :) I laughed hard at this one. It's understandable if she truly thinks that Jesus loves tootsies rolls just as much as she does!