Emily's been such a sweetheart the last three days. It all started on Monday morning. I'd had a rough night with stomach problems and Steve had told her to be really good for me. She's been such a sweetheart since then! She's been playing so sweetly with Ella as well. I found them playing baby in their room earlier today. Ella was asking for her Christmas baby. I mentioned that one was Emily's Christmas baby. Emily was surprised that it was actually hers. Now she says she "loves" babies! They still fight over the WonderPets though. Apparently Linny is the best. I've gotten frustrated by Ella's endless whining lately and Emily always tries to calm the situation by saying, "I love you mom!" It's been warmer lately so they've gotten out on their bikes. Emily loves to go around the block now. She's not very strong yet, so she gets frustrated on inclines. She loves to be outdoors. Tonight we went on a family walk. We brought the double stroller just in case, but Emily ended up walking almost the whole way! My baby's getting big!! And to top it all off was what she said tonight. She asked Steve for a bandaid. He said (somewhat irritated), "Ok, Band-aid kid." When he came back, Emily said, "Daddy, I love you, but I didn't like it when you called me Band-aid kid." What a sophisticated way to talk! What a cutie!Wednesday, March 26, 2008
The Band-aid Kid
Emily's been such a sweetheart the last three days. It all started on Monday morning. I'd had a rough night with stomach problems and Steve had told her to be really good for me. She's been such a sweetheart since then! She's been playing so sweetly with Ella as well. I found them playing baby in their room earlier today. Ella was asking for her Christmas baby. I mentioned that one was Emily's Christmas baby. Emily was surprised that it was actually hers. Now she says she "loves" babies! They still fight over the WonderPets though. Apparently Linny is the best. I've gotten frustrated by Ella's endless whining lately and Emily always tries to calm the situation by saying, "I love you mom!" It's been warmer lately so they've gotten out on their bikes. Emily loves to go around the block now. She's not very strong yet, so she gets frustrated on inclines. She loves to be outdoors. Tonight we went on a family walk. We brought the double stroller just in case, but Emily ended up walking almost the whole way! My baby's getting big!! And to top it all off was what she said tonight. She asked Steve for a bandaid. He said (somewhat irritated), "Ok, Band-aid kid." When he came back, Emily said, "Daddy, I love you, but I didn't like it when you called me Band-aid kid." What a sophisticated way to talk! What a cutie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hope you are feeling better! Sounds like you are able to go for walks so you must be. I can't wait to see you tomorrow! Tell the girls that I am excited to see what a wonderpet is.
What a polite little girl! How sweet. Natalia is in that whiny phase too. What's with that? It drives me nuts by the end of the day. Hope you're feeling better now.
It all started Monday morning- oh great- after my dinner! I'm so sorry you got sick! I hope I didn't poison you! I had horrible stomach problems this past weekend, but that was before Easter. It probably is a virus going around. I hope you are starting to feel better now! What sweet little girls to be so good for their mama.
Emily is very smart and grown-up. I love how she expresses herself! She is a cute little band-aid kid. Samantha used to be obsessed with bandaids and would go through an entire boxes! Glad that stage is over. We are excited to see you all tomorrow night with Mom!
Post a Comment