Here's the story. Steve and I were upstairs. Emily and Ella were crafting downstairs. As you may recall from previous posts, Ella LOVES cutting. I guess just cutting paper was getting too menial for her. Emily comes walking upstairs. She says, "Mom, I have to tell you something." (Don't you just love how they have to preface that they are going to tell you something?) "Ella's cutting her hair!" Well, by the time I received the message, I figured the damage had already been done. I quickly yelled down the stairs for her to stop. When I went to investigate, I didn't see any cut hairs anywhere and her hair looked normal (messy at the end of the day). So I pretty much figured the scissors hadn't been able to cut the hair and dismissed the whole episode.
The next morning, I was taking out her little ponytails. As I was doing so, a HUGE chunk of hair came out with it! It took me a minute to remember the scissor incident. Then I was just sick! I couldn't believe the handful of hair I was holding!! Then as I was brushing her hair, more and more kept falling out. My shirt was covered with hair when I was done. Apparently the ponytail had been holding all the cut hairs in place. It's right above her bangs. She has all these little spiky hairs sticking up. So sad, but I guess it's a normal part of childhood. I'm surprised it wasn't right before family pictures or something...


6 comments:
Wow, I'm the first to make a comment? Sorry about the hair incident. We had a little girl from our ward who gave herself a haircut recently and looked like Curly from the three stooges for awhile. I'm glad Ella didn't go that far.
Chris
We've all been there. Kayla and Heather have both done it. Heather actually gave Kayla a haircut once. I'm sure she'll look cute no matter what.
I did it too when I was probably about her age--while I was on Dad's watch! At least she didn't do too much. She's still a cutie!
Well, so she is spikey! I guess that is the style now. I think she still looks adorable and I am glad that you have enough hair to still make some cute ponytails. Thanks again for picking me up and letting me crash on your couch.
Hey you did a good job covering it up since I didn't even notice it on Friday. There was a little girl (sibling of one of my students) who got into the razor on her dad's watch. She buzzed the front of her hair. They've been doing creative haircuts for about a year now and it's finally back to "normal". I'm SURE Tanna will be my child to do this. She's way too resourceful and independent. I'm sure we have many adventures to come -- she's always redecorating our walls, carpet, etc., etc. etc...
Wow- Chris DID make the first comment! :) I think Ella looks adorable no matter what! I remember when Samantha had some spikey hair to grow out for awhile because she slept with gum in her hair. You have to give Ella credit for broadening her horizons with the scissors... :)
Post a Comment