Ever feel like the universe is conspiring against you? Well, in our case, it really is. Seems like everything is going wrong lately! It started last week when I found out I wasn't going to be able to borrow the school gymnasium for preschool graduation as easily as I have before. I have to add the school district's name to my preschool insurance and increase my liability limits to $2 million! I haven't received the quote back from the underwriters, so I don't know how much that's going to cost. In the meantime, I've been calling around to various city buildings trying to find the cheapest one.
Then, we found out our A/C man misscheduled us. We thought we were going to get it installed yesterday, but he had us scheduled for next Monday. That, and trouble connecting with him, made us decide to go with our 2nd choice. We talked him into all the freebies the first guy was going to give us, but it's going to cost more, but we feel more comfortable with the company. We were hoping to get it installed in time to take advantage of the "free" attic insulation program that ends at the beginning of May. Unfortunately, the rest of the world was thinking the same thing, so everyone is booked. I thought I might have lucked out, though, when I talked with someone at the Home Show that said they could squeeze us in. We made an appointment and then they never showed or called! Really, why do I always have the customer service issues?
Then, our hard drive died!!!!!!!!!!!! On our new computer!!!!!!!!!! Luckily we don't have a Word program on that computer, so I didn't lose any important documents. But ALL of our pictures from this year (I backed up in January) - including ALL three months of my baby's life - and preschool pictures from the ENTIRE schoolyear are LOST!!!!! We really can't afford data recovery prices from the Mac Docs, so Steve's going to buy a new hard drive and try to do some recovery on his own! Please pray that we can get our pictures back!
Lastly, we're still dealing with a warped kitchen floor! I was able to buy the materials on clearance, so we decided just to replace the ruined section. Dustin was nice enough to volunteer to help Steve replace it, but it hasn't happened yet. Those Johnson's are constantly busy or sick! I don't knoe how they keep up with everything! No worries, L&D, we're definitely not mad or upset with you - it's just another one of those things we're adding to our list of problems!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So sorry to hear about the stressors! You'll make it though. You guys always do. Here's hoping you get your pictures back.
I'm so sorry about all the messes lately! I agree- it does pour when it rains. It's hard when life throws so many curve balls at you. But you are strong and can handle anything. I wish I could find some place in Spanish Fork for you to use for graduation, but I think maybe the parents wouldn't want to drive that far. Good luck on that though. And I'm glad you're getting AC soon- you'll love it!
I am hoping that Dustin can come this Saturday since he doesn't leave for Alabama until Sunday. Maybe he could at least get it started. Really I never see him anymore these days either! I would be happy to help him in any way I can too. I'll talk to him about this Saturday for sure since we're finally all starting to get better.
I feel your pain about the hard drive loss too. How SAD!! I remember the horrible feeling when that happened to us last fall. I lost a lot of pictures too- as well as videos. We still haven't been able to get ours fixed, but hopefully you will. I can't believe such a nice expensive Mac computer would do that. I will pray for you get the pictures back too- hopefully Steve can work some magic on it.
Best of luck through such a frustrating week. I've shed some tears with lots of stress this week too. We definitely want to come visit this weekend and hopefully get that darn floor started! You and Steve need a date night- I will call you and set one up!
You guys sure have some adorable girls to keep you smiling through it all!
And now we have swine flu to worry about!
Post a Comment